- To help students develop essential business communication skills
- To help students develop essential language skills in Journalism
- To help students develop the essential language skills to work in Tourism industry
- To help students develop essential professional language skills
- To use essential language skills in respective fields fluently, accurately and effectively
- The Department of English started with 2 staff members when NMDC was founded in 2004. At that time, only Business Management Programme and English for Professional Purposes were begun in NMDC. Since then, English for Business and English for Communication skills have been taught in those programmes. Journalism programme started in 2006-2007 academic year and English has been taught in this programme since that time. Diploma in Tourism Studies and Management course was introduced in 2007-2008 Academic Year and English for Tourism has been taught as one of the modules. From 2006 to 2014, English for ICT was taught in ICT Diploma Course run by Winner’s Computer Company. Since 2012-2013 Academic Year, Tourism Management programme has begun and English for Tourism has been taught as of the modules in this programme.
- Today, English is being taught in all four bachelor programmes, one post graduate degree programme in Journalism and a diploma course run by NMDC as a compulsory English.