- To raise the ability to think logically and rationally, to perform the tasks systematically, righteously and practically and thereby, to solve the problems.
- To produce students who have high thinking power.
- To support in producing students with all-round development.
- Department of Mathematics was established in 2004 since the start of NMDC (NMC). Mathematics was taught in first year Business Management. In 2011 and 2012, we taught Mathematics in first year BA (Tourism) that is started as its first batch. After that, in 2014-2015 academic year, we also taught in second year Journalism first semester.
- According to the chronological order, the heads of department of Mathematics Department are Daw Khin Than Myint (Lecturer) (2004-2014), Daw Nilar Aye (Lecturer) (2014 to present). Currently, there are three Lecturer in our department.