- To raise the ability to manipulate precise & intricate ideas, to develop quantitative reasoning skills and analytical thinking skills and there by, to better prepare students for their future career.
- To produce students who have high thinking power.
- To support in producing students with all-round development.
- Department of Mathematics was established in 2004 since the start of NMDC (NMC). Mathematics was taught in first year Business Management. In 2011 and 2012, we taught Mathematics in first year BA (Tourism) that is started as its first batch. After that, in 2014-2015 academic year, we also taught in second year Journalism first semester.
- According to the chronological order, the heads of department of Mathematics Department are Daw Khin Than Myint (Lecturer) (2004-2014), Daw Nilar Aye (Lecturer) (2014 to 2018), Dr.Myint Myint San (Associate Professor) (2018 to present). Currently, there are three Lecturer in our department.